Hello and Welcome to my Blog ~ I love art of all kinds. Two of my favorites are polymer clay and paper art. I have shops on Etsy that feature both of my passions. I also love writing my blog and finding artists that have a passion for their craft and feature them. I hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter and loads of creativity.


Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Great Dip

~ Happy Holidays ~

The December meeting of the North Texas Polymer Clay Guild is this Sunday. We are going to have a Pot Luck and I am going to bring a most delicious Crab Dip. (Recipe below)

There will be short demonstrations on "Armatures for Polymer Clay Art Dolls" by Sherri Sneed and "Polymer Clay Menorahs" by Shelley Traub,. Both ladies are members of our Guild. I am looking forward to the demo on armatures because I am soooo interested in creating those wonderful little Fairies and Elves.


There is a swap and this month it's called "Anything that Hangs" I made little hanging Christmas ornaments. You must make three to be in the swap, so three it was. (I think they look more like cherries, don't you?)


I love seeing what everyone come up with and I love being in the swap, because I get three beautiful clay creations in return. I will post the ones that I receive on my next blog.


~ Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ~

Crab Dip Delight

12 oz package of Crab (Flake Style)
8 oz. package of cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup of finely chopped green onions
1/2 cup chopped celery
3 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise


I buy the crab-flavored surimi because my daughter in law is highly allergic to the real thing.
(It tastes wonderfully crabby)


Chop the crab into small pieces and set aside


In a bowl, blend cream cheese with onions, celery, lemon juice, parsley, salt, cayenne pepper and mayonnaise. Fold in the crab, mix well, then cover and refrigerate.


Serve this dip with crackers of your choice and enjoy.

1 comment:

Trina Prenzi said...

Love this crab dip!!! And your newest bottle of hope is cute, glad you saved her! :) And yes, your hanging ornament looks just like a cherry... before I read what you wrote, I thought it was a cherry.