Hello and Welcome to my Blog ~ I love art of all kinds. Two of my favorites are polymer clay and paper art. I have shops on Etsy that feature both of my passions. I also love writing my blog and finding artists that have a passion for their craft and feature them. I hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter and loads of creativity.


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pretty in Pink

Picked by mstp

I was very excited to create a 'Pretty in Pink' treasury.
It reminds me of my Granddaughter, Melissa. There was no tomboy to be found in that child, she always loved dressing up. Her favorite movie was 'The Wizard of Oz' She would dress up like Dorothy and carry around a basket with her little stuffed puppy, Toto. She would watch that movie over and over and over. One day when she was out shopping with her mom, someone asked her name. She was quick to respond that she was Dorothy Gale. I asked Trina, " Who on earth is Dorothy Gale ". I had never heard Dorothy's last name before, I guess I hadn't watched the movie enough to realize Dorothy Gale was the one from Kansas.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Ellie the Elephant


I had created an elephant for Melissa which I pictured in my


last post. Well, he was quite popular and a friend of mine, Anita from Polymer Clay Central, who is a wonderful clay artist told me I should make an Ellie, So Thank you Anita. Here is Ellie with her copper colored ears and snazzy bow draped upon her back.


I am going to include her in my Etsy shop and if she sells right away, I may just go into the Elephant selling business and name it Elephants Galore. (LOL)



3 comments:

Trina Prenzi said...

Great treasury Mom! Thank you for including my ballerina! :) Yes, Melissa sure did love dressing up and being real girly when she was little! And I must have watched The Wizard of Oz with her thousands of times!! She not only said she was Dorothy Gayle to the sales clerk, she also said she was from Kansas! LOL!! She knew (and probably still knows) every line and could sing every song in that movie!!

LOVE Ellie the Elephant! Adorable! You did a great job making it look like elephant skin! :) Can't wait to see it listed in your Etsy Shop... in fact I think I'll visit now and see if you've already listed it.

Trina Prenzi said...

P.S. Love the back view of Ellie!! Too Cute!

Laura Tiffany said...

Great treasury. I love pink.