Hello and Welcome to my Blog ~ I love art of all kinds. Two of my favorites are polymer clay and paper art. I have shops on Etsy that feature both of my passions. I also love writing my blog and finding artists that have a passion for their craft and feature them. I hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter and loads of creativity.


Saturday, April 2, 2011

Artistry of Sharon House and Kim Peters


I absolutely love this necklace and hope you love it as well. It was crafted by Sharon House from Victoria, Canada.



The Artist's Own Words:

I have been anxious to show you the beautiful polymer clay necklace I made at my claying retreat with Helen Briel and Eugenia Chan in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago. What a fun retreat it was. Both of these ladies were just absolutely wonderful... more patience with our group than I could ever muster up I am sure LOL. If you ever get the opportunity to have a workshop with either of them, I would highly recommend them. I am just tickled with the results...



~*~* ~*~*~*~


Sharon's photo of her whimsical steampunk style teapot...



~*~*~*~*~*~*~


I came across Kim Peters shop on Etsy
and fou
nd it to be full of beautiful pieces
and her style very unique.

About The Artist ~ Kim Peters

When I was about eight or nine years old, I asked my parents for an easel and oil paints. I can't now remember why I made this request. None in my family is artistic and, in fact, wants to be. All I can guess is that I had some secret desire to be an artist, a dream that was perhaps fed by the occasional glimpse of all the g oodies in the elementary school's art closet. My parents did buy me the easel and paint, and I spent happy hours at it making colorful blobs. Sadly, I couldn't and still can't draw.

(but, I must say, she can create beautiful jewelry!)

Flower Necklace ~ Lavender Fuchsia Purple

by Kim Peters ~ Singing Cat Studio


Flower Necklace Lavender Fuschia Purple
zoom
Flower Necklace Lavender Fuschia Purple Flower Necklace Lavender Fuschia Purple Flower Necklace Lavender Fuschia Purple Flower Necklace Lavender Fuschia Purple Flower Necklace Lavender Fuschia Purple


In the Artists own Words


This versatile necklace features one of my polymer clay flower pendants textured in a swirl pattern and colored in blue, rose, and lavender. A pewter flower button forms the center of the flower. The back of the pendant is also decorated with a lace pattern in black and blue. The pendant bail is sterling plate.

I urge you to visit Kim's shop where you can find so many more of her beautiful pieces.
Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com /shop/singingcatstudio


~*~*~*~*~*~


Garden Angel ~ by Sandy Prenzi

Last of all, I thought I would share with you this figurine
that I just finished creating.


1 comment:

Trina Prenzi said...

Beautiful work by these artists! I love your little Garden Angel too, just darling!! :)