Hello and Welcome to my Blog ~ I love art of all kinds. Two of my favorites are polymer clay and paper art. I have shops on Etsy that feature both of my passions. I also love writing my blog and finding artists that have a passion for their craft and feature them. I hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter and loads of creativity.


Saturday, December 1, 2012

Altered Mannequin

This was a wonderfully fun project for me.  I bought the mannequin at Hobby Lobby (with my forty percent off coupon) so if I ruined it, I wouldn't feel so badly about it.  But, the good news is I didn't ruin it!!!




First I decided that I would make some sort of hairpiece out of polymer clay. I decided on a Marge Simpson hairdo, only a red color, not her famous blue. After that was cured, I began the decoupage process on the large portions of the doll.  I picked out colorful paper as the doll itself is a drab color.  When I was finished I thought that it needed something else.  I used my Believe stamp on the same paper and then decoupaged it onto the front of her blouse.  Posing her was so much fun as you can see!










She stands 10" tall which includes her hair.  There are three different mannequin sizes at Hobby Lobby and this is the middle sized one.  I think I will try the large size next time.   The small one is too tiny to really do anything with.

2 comments:

Trina Prenzi said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun creating this art doll! She's very cool and unique! Love the Marge Simpson Hair-do!

Ruth Welter said...

Sandy, this doll is amazing and so creative...love her hair and all the colors on her body, so pretty.

ruth