Hello and Welcome to my Blog ~ I love art of all kinds. Two of my favorites are polymer clay and paper art. I have shops on Etsy that feature both of my passions. I also love writing my blog and finding artists that have a passion for their craft and feature them. I hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter and loads of creativity.


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ring Bearers Pillows - My newest endeavor

I would like to present you with my newest endeavor
Ring Bearers Pillows


Ages ago, when I was a mere teen, my husband bought me a sewing machine. I dabbled about, making little outfits for my children, Halloween costumes, kitchen curtains etc, but never really took that much interest in it. It was probably because his mom was such a fantastic seamstress and she was sewing up a storm for the family anyway. That talented woman even made a wedding dress for her niece which was as beautiful as any wedding gown you'd see in a Bridal Magazine.



The other day, I was sitting in my sunroom, thinking that I needed some pillows for the settee in there, but when I went to the store and saw the price of them I was stunned. When did pillows become so expensive??? Then I thought of Etsy ~ how much were pillows there? That's when I saw some gorgeous ring bearer pillows. OKAY ~ now I'm on a completely different path.

Then I thought of my sewing and wondered if I would even remember how to sew. Well, let me tell you, it's like falling off a bike and getting back on again. Amazingly, I remembered.

Let me regress a bit. In order to do this, I would need a sewing machine. But, I remember that sewing machines cost an arm and a leg and I needed to keep my arms and legs. (LOL)

I rode over to Hancock Fabrics and was I ever pleasantly surprised. I walked out with a beautiful machine for less than a hundred dollars. Armed with the machine and the goodies to make the pillows, I gleefully went home and started work on the project. I wanted to add my polymer clay creations to make them a little different and I do believe I succeeded in doing so.

3 comments:

MoeArt said...

That's soooo cute! You should be up to your nose hairs in orders! :D xoxo

Trina Prenzi said...

I Love your Ring Bearers Pillows!! They are beautiful!! :)

Melobeau said...

Very nice! So glad you were able to get a machine and make some lovely things. I predict that this is only the beginning.