Hello and Welcome to my Blog ~ I love art of all kinds. Two of my favorites are polymer clay and paper art. I have shops on Etsy that feature both of my passions. I also love writing my blog and finding artists that have a passion for their craft and feature them. I hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter and loads of creativity.


Saturday, August 20, 2011

I know I have a Screw Loose


This  is me ~ with my Artists Beret and loose screw!




Did you ever start thinking that maybe you have a screw loose?  Well, forgetfulness is one of my screw loose theories.  Like forgetting to put a nose on a witch. Isn't the nose one of the most important parts of a witch, whether it be a really, really ugly Witch or one thats kind of a cute?  Well, I created Little Witch Wonder, but after looking at her for awhile and even posting her on TheHive and in my Etsy and Zibbet shops, I really felt something wasn't quite right. I know I create a lot of Imps, and my Imps do not have noses ~ ummm maybe that's where my mind was ~ thinking about Imps.


Well today, I said "OFF WITH HER HEAD"!  I took apart Little Witch Wonderful and gave her a brand new head with nose included.  Now then, don't you agree with me that she really looks Wonderful now?

Another one of my Screw Loose theories is having my creativity table in chaos. I start out with a nice neat area, but before long I'm searching madly for the tool I used a second ago. Low and behold, I find it after I have practically moved everything on my table. Has this ever happened to you, I ask with furrowed brow?  Now, I know it's difficult to be neat and tidy when I'm in my creative mode, but on the other hand I could be creating a lot more if it weren't for the fact that I was searching my precious time away.

I have a lot more Screw Loose Theories, which I will discuss at a later date, but for now I better get a screwdriver for my head and make some adjustments.

Happy Crafting Everyone!

8 comments:

Diane said...

The witch looks MUCH better with her cute little nose! and I loved screw loose - don't worry Sandy, I think all of us artists get our places ina mess and can't find things - it goes with the territory!

Sandy's Creations in Clay said...

(LOL) Diane! Maybe I just have to buy two of everything ~ then I wouldn't spend so much time looking.

Trina Prenzi said...

I love the little witch's new head, with the cute nose!! :) I like the hat too! Great work Mom!!

LOL about your work area! Sounds a lot like my work area... I start out with everything in its place, then as I am deep into creating something, the things on my work table seem to move around on me, pile up and get messy! Hmmmm...

Sandy's Creations in Clay said...

Thank you Trink ~ Hey, do you think we have some little Imps scurrying around on our work tables and causing all the havoc?

Melobeau said...

Sandy, The little witch is adorable, and even more so now that she can smell the candy corn! I absolutely can't work if my worktable is cluttered and (somewhat) solved the problem by setting up 2 fold-able tray tables (one on wheels) when I'm working so all the tools and clay are nearby within reach, by out of the line of vision of my ADD brain.

Sandy's Creations in Clay said...

Thank you Anita, not only for the compliment on Little Witch Wonderful, but for a very do-able solution for my work table.

Jackie said...

So many of us have that same loose screw lately, don't we? When everything was so easy to remember in our earlier lives, what has become of our brains, we wonder? You laugh, but it's still kind of creepy. I do the same things all the time. :) Hang in there...:)

Sandy's Creations in Clay said...

I am in the midst of cleaning up my workspace and clearing out things I seldom use. I think that will make it easier to find things. I'm thrilled Little Witch Wonderful now has a nose and I've adjusted the screw, so I think I'll be alright for now. (LOL)