Hello and Welcome to my Blog ~ I love art of all kinds. Two of my favorites are polymer clay and paper art. I have shops on Etsy that feature both of my passions. I also love writing my blog and finding artists that have a passion for their craft and feature them. I hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter and loads of creativity.


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Craft Room


An up-date on my Craft Room.




I am very fortunate to have a craft room all to myself.  I know a lot of you don't,  I have been in your shoes ~ I crafted on my dining room table for ages or what seemed like ages. I even did a stint, would you believe, with my crafting table in my bathroom. Kinda Crappy,  but just to make you giggle, I posted the picture of it at the bottom of the page.

I spent the better part of yesterday making my room more crafting friendly.  It is maddening not being able to put your hands on something you know you have or thought you had ~ oh, oh ~ that falls into my loose screw theory. (LOL)

You would be amazed at the wonderful crafty items I found.  Even some clay tools that I didn't even know I had ~ now let me tell you,  that was like digging for gold and finding the mother load!

Before I became so heavily involved in polymer clay, I was deep into making greeting cards ~ I still do, but mostly for family and friends, so that is why my small desk is in my craft room ~ I can create my cards and not get clay all over them.

This is the wall opposite my table, as you can see by the image in the mirror.  I love having the mirrored cabinet. So much room to store things, plus  the mirror is wonderful. I use it to see if the creation I made is symmetrical before putting it in the oven.  The mirrored image is a tattle tale of sorts.  It lets me know if anything is askew.


I do love my craft room ~ it is a haven from the outside world and all it's problems ~ it is a place that is inspirational and absolutely a joy to be in.



Let me tell you about my crafting table ~ I bought it at Walmart for the bargain price of $39.00. It is six feet long and folds into a three foot square so I can easily stow it in the closet if I need the room for guests.  I have two rolling cabinets underneath which houses all my crafty necessities.

Now, you might take notice of that great little cabinet on top of the table ~ All my unopened clay fits perfectly in the cubbies and it came from non-other than my favorite store ~ Michaels. It has a glass door, which I will never close, although you could if you wanted to.  I came up with an idea to be able to utilize the glass side.  I bought rubberized grip liner and hot glued it to the edge of the glass, then with Christmas ornament hangers, I hung my gripper and cutting tools.  The grip liner is thick and able to withstand the pressure of the hanging  tools.

Now that my room is organized, I must call for my muse ~ I know she's around here somewhere ~ But where?


6 comments:

Trina Prenzi said...

Your craft room looks great Mom!! How nice to have a whole room for crafting now!!

I had to laugh at the picture you took when your table was in the bathroom... Us clayers, we'll work anywhere there's a flat surface, won't we?! LOL!!

Sandy's Creations in Clay said...

Yes we will ~ Although, I really like the bathroom to be a bathroom. (L0L)

Jackie said...

How fun and what a nice roomy room for crafting! I loved seeing it and thinking of you there, playing around. It's so neat looking, and spacious, ahhhh. I looked as carefully as possible at all your ideas so that I can copy any that might work for me. I sure would like to have some of my tools hanging in front of me... I must think of how I could work that out. :) Hugs!!

Sandy's Creations in Clay said...

Thank you Jackie ~ I love seeing everyone's craft areas and I love having everything within arms reach. You could get a double picture frame and just hang your tools on the top like I have some of them hanging. Not only that, the frame would be great to show off some pictures of those gorgeous grandchildren of yours.
Hugs Back!!

Belinda said...

Very Nice ,I love it
Hugs Belinda

Sandy's Creations in Clay said...

Thank you Belinda ~ I love it too.