Hello and Welcome to my Blog ~ I love art of all kinds. Two of my favorites are polymer clay and paper art. I have shops on Etsy that feature both of my passions. I also love writing my blog and finding artists that have a passion for their craft and feature them. I hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter and loads of creativity.


Monday, July 9, 2012

Working with Paper and Canvas


The first picture is a mixed media piece.  I have ribbon, a heart button, bird cut outs, blue and pink card stock and a stamped floral design which I have colored with my water color pencils. I am pleased with the results. The birds look as though they are flying over water and the ribbon resembles palm leaves.  The floral stamp finishes off the edges of the design.  I have not glued them in place yet, but when it is done I plan on putting it onto a canvas frame.




*~*~*~*~*~

The cut outs are my own design and are glued directly on a canvas.  
The mane of the Lion and the grass pop out a bit to give it a three dimentional effect.  


I have no idea what this little elephant is looking for but he sure does have his eye in that palm tree.  I am having fun creating these paper cutouts. This little elephant is one of my favorites.  Using all these different papers really give the piece a lot of texture and depth.



5 comments:

Trina Prenzi said...

These are so sweet, love your paper designs!

Anonymous said...

Love the animals. How cute these would bed in a baby's room - great colors. You are doing such wonderful stuff!

Sandy's Creations in Clay said...

Thank you Trina and Gayl. I am having fun thinking up new things for these. You are right Gayl, they would look cute in a baby's room.

Ruth Welter said...

Sandy, I love all of your beautiful creations. The first one I think, is my very favorite. So creative. Have a great week.

Ruth

Sandy's Creations in Clay said...

Thank you so much Ruth for your wonderful comment, You have a good week too.