Hello and Welcome to my Blog ~ I love art of all kinds. Two of my favorites are polymer clay and paper art. I have shops on Etsy that feature both of my passions. I also love writing my blog and finding artists that have a passion for their craft and feature them. I hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter and loads of creativity.


Saturday, September 8, 2012

Altered Paint Brushes ~ Sandy Prenzi

 I discovered  paint brush art and fell in love with it. 
These are just a few of the pieces that I have created so far and are now
for sale in my Etsy Shop:  



I painted a lavender wash on the handle of this paint brush and embellished it with a cream colored feather and a large iridescent purple bow. I created the face centerpiece out of polymer clay giving the brush an artsy appeal. It is 9" tall by 5" wide and will hang easily on a nail.


Paint brushes aren't used just for painting ~ this brush has been decorated, making it a perfect gift for someone who wants something a little different. Painted a dark purple and embellished with a great big sunflower and double layered lace. It is 9" tall by 5" wide and will hang easily on a nail.


I wrapped the handle of this paintbrush with masking tape and painted it a light green color, I then wrapped purple ribbon around the handle and embellished it with a single pink rose and purple tulle. The brush has been painted with purple and green acrylic paint.


I painted the handle of this paintbrush a soft brown color for a nice contrast to the aqua blue and purple of the polymer clay butterfly centerpiece that I created. A beautiful multi color ribbon actuates the centerpiece and a special tag with the word Hugs hangs from the top and personalizes this creative piece. This brush is 8.5" tall by 3" wide.

3 comments:

Trina Prenzi said...

These are cute! I especially like the last one. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the brushes. Looks as though you're having a great time. I like the burgundy and "pea green".

Melobeau said...

What cool and creative pieces! I especially like the one with the lovely poly clay face and the feather.