Hello and Welcome to my Blog ~ I love art of all kinds. Two of my favorites are polymer clay and paper art. I have shops on Etsy that feature both of my passions. I also love writing my blog and finding artists that have a passion for their craft and feature them. I hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter and loads of creativity.


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Masked Faces

I have been creating masked faces since the spring of 2010. I was inspired by them since visiting Venice and seeing so many beautiful masks in the shops.


This particular one is a favorite of mine. Notice the Lizard emblem on the headdress. In Roman mythology the lizard was thought to sleep throughout the winter and thus came to symbolize death and resurrection.


I have this creation for sale in my Etsy Shop. It is approximately 9" tall by 4.5" wide and comes mounted on a 13" by 7.75" black frame.


I have many items in my shop other than my masked faces, all created with polymer clay. You can view them and more of my masked faces in my Etsy shop, just press the link to the right below my guest book which goes straight to my Shop or you can view the slide show that's posted here.

2 comments:

Trina Prenzi said...

Love this mask!! Enjoyed reading your inspiration behind it's creation too. :)

Melobeau said...

Very nice work! I like your creative use of the lizard image and the story behind the mask's' creation.