Hello and Welcome to my Blog ~ I love art of all kinds. Two of my favorites are polymer clay and paper art. I have shops on Etsy that feature both of my passions. I also love writing my blog and finding artists that have a passion for their craft and feature them. I hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter and loads of creativity.


Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Steampunkery


I have discovered the world of Steampunkery and I love it. I know it's been around quite a while, but it's new to me. It's so much fun searching in the craft and hardware stores for metal findings and discovering something cool to embed into the creation you are making.


I belong to the North Texas Polymer Clay Guild and they have a huge selection of library books that you can check out . Well, I found a book called Steampunkery by Christi Friesen and it's fabulous. I have a long way to go before I get to her level, but I'm working on it. I have a few items in my Etsy Shop and plan on doing many more.

As a matter of fact I just returned from the hardware store where I purchased some wing nuts, lock washers, nut caps, phillips flat head screws, black carpet tacks and some upholstery nails. I perused the hardware isle and found the smallest size available. I think they are going to look terrific adorning my new pieces.

What is Steampunkery, you might ask. To quote Christi: "Steampunk is a look-a sort of Victorian-era mad scientist-adventurer kind of look. You will see a lot of clockwork gears, brassy bits, leathery straps, beads and even the occasional bit of lacy filigree" I must say, I find it quite fascinating.
  

Right now, I am busy getting an array of items made for a craft sale that will be held in November. It's my first craft sale and looking forward to it. My son Charlie is also going to have a booth there. He is a fabulous photographer as you can see by the pictures he takes. His website is: http://charlieprenziphotography.com/.

I hope your day is wonderful and full of sunshine even if it's cloudy outside.

No comments: