Hello and Welcome to my Blog ~ I love art of all kinds. Two of my favorites are polymer clay and paper art. I have shops on Etsy that feature both of my passions. I also love writing my blog and finding artists that have a passion for their craft and feature them. I hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter and loads of creativity.


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

One Of A Kind Clay Originals


I am very pleased to feature these wonderful Clay Artisans


The Fantasy Art of Nicole West



Picture
Winter Wonderland Tinkerbell


~In The Artist's Own Words ~

I have been an artist pretty much my whole life. Born with the gift or "calling" you might say. My mom told me that she saw it in me as a small child when I would bite animal shapes out of my toast. I was fortunate to have a mom that let me run free with my artistic muse, even as far as letting me draw murals on my bedroom wall.

I didn't have formal training in art. I took some classes here and there in high school and some college courses but never got a lot from them. I have drawn and painted much in my life, but my true muse has always been in the form of sculpture.

Here are more photos with the Winter Wonderland Tinkerbell
Her gallery on PBase.com > The Fantasy Art of Nicole West





Lunaro by Cindi Cannon

Cindy Cannon has been an artist all her life, with background varying from leather vests to dolls house miniatures. She began sculpting fantasy dolls in 2004 and Wee Beings is her online portfolio. The dolls are sculpted from polymer clay over wire armatures with lovely hand embellished costumes (although some of the clothes are on the skimpy side!). Many also come with stands which create a perfect scene for display.


Fine Doll Art ~ Sarah Niemela



These incredible polymer clay dolls are all made by Sarah Niemela. After they are sculpted she paints their faces, makes their wigs and sews their clothing.

You can find them in homes and galleries world-wide. They can also be found on her website: www.sarahniemela.com. There are more pictures of Sarah's work on her web site and blog.

She sells her wonderful creations at: finedollart.etsy.com







An Amazing Russian Doll Artist Anna Zueva




Anna Zueya was born in 1970 at Ural region, USSR and began working as a dollmaker in1990 Now her dolls are exhibited in the Parsuna Art Dolls gallery (Kiev), the Vachtanoy Gallery (Moscow) and the Art Dolls Gallery in Perm. Anna's works can also be found through private collections in Germany, Spain, Ukraine and Czechia.


Anna Zueva's dolls are beautiful in a thousand ways. There is a magical whimsy about the faces and eyes. The textures of the costumes and the sheen of the skin. I love her color combinations. They aren't naturalistic, they're stylized - yet you expect them to move at any moment.

Anna works in multi media - paper clay, paper mache, textiles, acrylics. Her website includes some video slide shows of her dolls, with lovely music, and an appearance on Russian television, without subtitles - but you can see her painting a face up. Plus she shows how the adorable little vignettes are re-arrangeable.

I hope you enjoyed reading about these wonderful Artisans as much as I do. I am in awe of their creations.

5 comments:

Trina Prenzi said...

Awesome work by incredible artists!!

Jackie said...

Amazing!

luckykitty19 said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!

Janie said...

WoW! Incredible works of art!

Loretta said...

Beautiful work!