Hello and Welcome to my Blog ~ I love art of all kinds. Two of my favorites are polymer clay and paper art. I have shops on Etsy that feature both of my passions. I also love writing my blog and finding artists that have a passion for their craft and feature them. I hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter and loads of creativity.


Saturday, July 30, 2011

Special Inks and Polymer Clay


Posh Rainbow Inks

Posh Rainbow Inks are fantastic.  A friend of mine introduced them to me when I was creating greeting cards, but the WOW power of these inks is even more prevalent on Polymer Clay.  These inks come in a variety of colors, in earth tones or the floral brights.

I chose the floral brights for this fairy door.  The imagery is awesome and even more brilliant when you see it in person.  


I named this creation 'Flowered Fairy Door' and created it for a little fairy who goes by the name of Buttercup.  She found this beautiful vase that someone had thrown away and wanted to grow some brightly colored flowers to surround her door.  She is very happy to have such a fine door, but would love to have it placed in someone's home.  Could that someone be you?


~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

Lumere Acrylic Metallic Paints

This is another product that I love.  Lumiere Metallic Paints by Jacquard ( Pearl Collection )   The Lumiere isn't as bright as the Posh Rainbow Inks as you can see on the 'Golden Fairy Door' below, but I love the softness and the dimension that this ink provides.




The little Fairy is at home. You know how I can tell? She left her tiny purple slippers by the front door. I created this door out of polymer clay and embellished it with rubber stamps and Lumiere pearl paint. 


This door stands approximately 2.5" high by 3" wide.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~


More About These Inks

They are fast drying and will cover blemishes in the clay very well.  You can also change the color if you are not satisfied with the one that you originally applied. The coverage works with one coat. I love the fact that the ink is water soluble, so your brushes aren't ruined.

The cost is quite high with these products, but a little goes a long way.  I suggest you use the 40% off coupons that both Michaels and Hobby Lobby provide on their websites (if they carry these products in your area) 

You might check out these links as well:  http://www.rangerink.com/store_locator_usa.htm#TX

1 comment:

Trina Prenzi said...

Beautiful Fairy Doors! The colors really pop, love the story of Buttercup too! :)